Main page content begins here


Small Animals

You may legally trap pest animals such as skunks, gophers, porcupines, squirrels, ground squirrels, magpies and crows on your own property.

Wildlife Trap Rentals

Plans for building your own magpie and crow trap are available from Alberta Agriculture.

There are also many qualified pest control businesses in Edmonton. Look for them in the Yellow Pages under "Exterminators."

Large Animals

Large animals such as moose, deer, urban coyotes, and even the occasional bear or cougar in the city are the responsibility of Alberta Fish and Wildlife Officers.

Call the Edmonton district office at 780-427-3574 or the coyote information hotline at 780-644-5744.

The City's Park Rangers and the police are normally called to assist the Wildlife Officers in situations involving potentially dangerous wildlife.


For More Information

Animal Care & Control Dispatch



Edmonton Police Service





End of page content. Please choose between the following five options:

Back to main menu Back to current page menu and content View current page breadcrumb Back to site search Continue to page footer content