Note: Please phone the outlet to make sure they have the product you want in stock.
You may make bylaw complaints for a limited number of issues online:
- Dog barking excessively
- Property with excessive dog defecation
- Property with dangerous snow or ice on the sidewalk
- Unlicensed pet
- Untidy or unsightly nuisance property
- Noxious weed infestation on private property only
You must call 311 to make all other complaints.
Making an Online Complaint Properly
Fill out the online bylaw complaint form carefully. Your online request may take extra time to process if you do not:
- Fill out every field in the personal identification section, because anonymous complaints will not be accepted
- Complete a separate form for each address, since each location is a separate complaint
- Ensure you are within seasonal limits for snow and weed complaints
- Provide as much information as possible to reduce the necessity to contact you for more information
Call 311 for help if you are not sure what to include in your complaint.
Responding to Your Complaint
After you submit your online complaint, the City takes these steps to help with your issue:
- A file is created specifying your concerns
- A Municipal Enforcement Officer (MEO), Community Standards Peace Officer (CPO), or Animal Control Officer (ACO) opens an investigation
- The officer investigates your complaint within 4 business days
- The officer may issue a warning notice with directions to remedy the problem within a specified time frame, or issue a fine immediately, depending on the circumstances
- The officer may issue an order, which allows the City to fix the problem and bill the property owner for the cost
- The City may contact you to appear as a witness, if the matter goes to court
Protecting Your Privacy
The information you provide will be used to process your complaint, but your name and address will not be made available to anyone else. For more information on how the City protects your privacy visit Freedom of Information and Privacy.