Main page content begins here

Note: Please phone the outlet to make sure they have the product you want in stock.

You may make bylaw complaints for a limited number of issues online: 

You must call 311 to make all other complaints.

Making an Online Complaint Properly

Fill out the online bylaw complaint form carefully. Your online request may take extra time to process if you do not:

  • Fill out every field in the personal identification section, because anonymous complaints will not be accepted
  • Complete a separate form for each address, since each location is a separate complaint
  • Ensure you are within seasonal limits for snow and weed complaints
  • Provide as much information as possible to reduce the necessity to contact you for more information

Call 311 for help if you are not sure what to include in your complaint.

Responding to Your Complaint

After you submit your online complaint, the City takes these steps to help with your issue:

  1. A file is created specifying your concerns
  2. A Municipal Enforcement Officer (MEO), Community Standards Peace Officer (CPO), or Animal Control Officer (ACO) opens an investigation
  3. The officer investigates your complaint within 4 business days
  4. The officer may issue a warning notice with directions to remedy the problem within a specified time frame, or issue a fine immediately, depending on the circumstances
  5. The officer may issue an order, which allows the City to fix the problem and bill the property owner for the cost
  6. The City may contact you to appear as a witness, if the matter goes to court

Protecting Your Privacy

The information you provide will be used to process your complaint, but your name and address will not be made available to anyone else. For more information on how the City protects your privacy visit Freedom of Information and Privacy.

Pay Parking Tickets

Bylaw Ticket Administration handles payments and inquires

Parking Enforcement provides foot and car patrols, and special event services to ensure public safety.

You can report parking complaints using the 311 mobile app or calling 311 directly.

For More Information

311 Contact Centre

Online Contact 311 Online

If you are calling from outside of Edmonton: 780-442-5311



TTY 780-944-5555

End of page content. Please choose between the following five options:

Back to main menu Back to current page menu and content View current page breadcrumb Back to site search Continue to page footer content