Businessmen in EdmontonEvery business in Edmonton is licensed under a category. This allows us to apply appropriate regulations to businesses where there is a potential for negative impacts on the community.

The vast majority of businesses do not have to comply with any additional regulations under the Business Licence Bylaw, but it is important that you find your licence category and make sure you are aware of any applicable regulations.

The City can also add special conditions to any business licence when the Director, Development and Zoning Services believes it is in the public interest to do so. However, this is very rare.

Business Types

Please select the business type below that best describes your business:

  • Adult-Oriented Services
  • Agriculture and Breeding
  • Entertainment Venue (gyms, theatres, casinos, halls, and so on)
  • Home Based Business
  • Hospitality (hotels, bars, restaurants, and so on)
  • Personal Services (hairdressers, tailors, spas, and so on)
  • Professional Services (schools, massage, and so on)
  • Retail, Sales, and Rentals
  • Trade and Industrial
  • Transportation (taxis, shuttles, limousines, delivery, and so on)

If your business does not fit in to any of the categories listed in the bylaw, you can apply for a general business licence. There are no special business licence regulations for general businesses, other than the need for a licence.