Which Permits Do I Need?
Most projects require:
- Business Licence is required for new businesses and moves to a new location.
- Development Permit (Zoning Approval) ensures your structures are allowed in your location and comply with the Zoning Bylaw.
- Building Permit to audit project design and construction in accordance with Alberta Safety Codes Act. Building Permit provides permission to begin construction. Starting construction without all permits can result in stop work orders, fines and/or administrative penalties.
- Trades Permits for heating and ventilation, plumbing, gas, and electrical work
- Sign Permit if installing permanent exterior signs
Talk to us. Visit the Edmonton Service Centre to talk to City staff to understand which permits will be required for your business.