About the Project Area
Approved concept plans include the following changes at the 82 Street to 50 Street area:
- Closure of access to Yellowhead Trail at 68 Street north and south of Yellowhead Trail
- Closure of access to Yellowhead Trail at 67 Street north and south of Yellowhead Trail
- Closure of direct accesses to Yellowhead Trail from all alleys and driveways between 68 Street and 66 Street
- Closure of access to Yellowhead Trail at 62 Street
- Internal roadway changes will create alternate connections from 61 Street to Fort Road
As a part of the strategic plan, the access to and across Yellowhead Trail at 66 Street is planned for closure, which includes the removal of traffic signals. Alternate access to surrounding properties will be reviewed as part of concept planning.
Where We Are Now
A concept plan for surrounding modifications has been created and concept planning for the 66 Street intersection started in late 2018 with public engagement set to begin in early 2019. An important part of concept planning is public engagement, to ensure an understanding of area needs and possible impacts of roadway changes. Public feedback will help inform the concept plan and ongoing design considerations.
Engagement information for all of the Yellowhead Trail Freeway Conversion projects can be found at Public Engagement. This includes engagement opportunities and reports for projects that make up the conversion of Yellowhead Trail.
Yellowhead Trail Is Changing
Stay informed with program updates and opportunities to have your say in shaping the new Yellowhead Trail.