Community leagues provide residents the opportunity to participate in the well being and quality of life in their respective communities. The Jasper Place community leagues are strong and active partners in the Jasper Place Revitalization.
Business Improvement Areas (BIA)
A Business Improvement Area (BIA) is a unique opportunity for businesses to work together to accomplish mutual goals. Customers want safe, interesting and attractive places to shop, dine and conduct business. The Stony Plain Road and Area Association is vital partner in the Jasper Place Revitalization.
- Businesses and community members work with Edmonton Tourism on major events and MacEwan University to create local art pieces, special events or decorate the area to promote city-wide initiatives like the FIFA Games or Canadian Finals Rodeo.
- The in the Stony Plain Road Market District is Edmonton’s newest marketplace and operates in parkettes on 152 Street and in adjacent back alleyways. It's based on a vision to create a marketplace of unique shops and restaurants, modelled on successful marketplaces in cities like Vancouver and Minneapolis.
- Other local partners include:
- Kids on Track
- Kids of Promise
- United Way
- Canora Park Watch
- Jasper Place Wellness Centre
- Canora Place
- Edmonton Police Services
- Citizen Services - community building staff