Did you know?
- Onsite Security Guards are deployed at 25 Transit Centres/Stations throughout Edmonton. Security guards wear highly visible jackets or vests and patrol throughout their shift
- Stop Request is a daily program that allows passengers to stop at a location other than a bus stop along the route after 6 pm, provided it’s safe to do so
- Transit operators are trained to assist when they witness an incident, and have the tools to report it to the proper agency
- Transit Peace Officers frequently patrol transit property
- ETS has ongoing awareness campaigns to educate transit users about how to seek assistance
- CCTV cameras are installed in all LRT stations, major transit centres and some city pedways
- Crime Prevention Through Environmental Design (CPTED) principles are applied in all new transit rehabilitation and improvement projects