Electronic Procurement Using SAP Ariba
The City values the business community.
Moving online to electronic procurement will change the way the City and suppliers interact, making it easier to do business together on the Ariba network while ensuring open, fair and transparent procurement and contract management processes are followed.
We will be adding more information, links and guides to this page as we continue our implementation of SAP Ariba.
About SAP Ariba
SAP Ariba is the City’s technology solution used for procuring goods, services, construction and intellectual property. Used world-wide, it's a supporting tool that stores tendering events and documents.
Starting January 2019 all bids, unless stated otherwise, must be submitted electronically.
Why We're Moving to SAP Ariba
Ariba will simplify and automate our Source-to-Pay process, allowing us to move away from our reliance on manual processes.
Initially, the City will be using SAP Ariba for Sourcing, Contract Management and Supplier Lifecycle Performance.
The City will be using SAP Ariba for invoicing and payments in the future - more information will be available mid 2019.
What This Means for Suppliers Starting January 2019
All bids, unless stated otherwise, must be submitted electronically.
Suppliers need to register on Ariba Discovery (for free) as a Supplier in order to bid on City procurement opportunities in order to sell goods, services, construction or intellectual property to the City.
Those registered on Ariba Discovery can search for City of Edmonton event postings and bid electronically on opportunities.
All notices will continue to be posted on Alberta Purchasing Connection (APC), and Coolnet, with a link to the Ariba Discovery to view the City of Edmonton's sourcing event (tendering opportunity).
Reminder: The link on the notices will direct suppliers to Ariba Discovery. Suppliers must register with Ariba Discovery to participate in these opportunities.
About Electronic Procurement
This is a process where suppliers submit electronic bids to open/competitive and invitational (limited) competitions.
A change from paper bonds to electronic bonds, which includes bid bonds and performance bonds.
- Participants will need to obtain an electronic bid bond
- Successful Participants will need to obtain electronic performance and/or labour/material bond
- eBonds will be uploaded to Sourcing Events and/or Contract Agreements as a PDF attachment
- Corporate Procurement and Supply Services and/or Risk Management can review and validate bonds online using the pdf provided and the code using the relevant companies complementary service
Contracts will also be managed electronically, meaning electronic signatures and amendments.
- All notices will continue to be posted on Alberta Purchasing Connection (APC) with a link to the sourcing event (or tendering opportunity)
- The link on the notices will direct suppliers to Ariba Discovery
- Suppliers must register with Ariba Discovery, then submit a supplier request to participate in the opportunity
If You Are New to SAP Ariba
Email email@example.com to register for a webinar.
If you have specific questions about the City's use of SAP Ariba