The City of Edmonton is committed to creating safe, healthy, vibrant spaces. In promoting shared, positive, fitness and recreation experiences, we ask all participants to observe the principles of safety, respect and courtesy. Staff reserve the right, at their sole discretion, to assess and evaluate adherence to guidelines.
- A proof of payment wristband is required and can be purchased at the front desk.
- Children aged 11 and under are not permitted in Open Studio
- Youth aged 12-15 are permitted to use Open Studio only after having completed the Youth in Action program
- Strollers are not permitted in Open Studio
- All clothing must be:
- Clean and free of odors that may impact the experience of other users.
- Free of inappropriate/offensive graphics or language.
- Free of attachments such as buckles/velcro/snaps/etc that might damage equipment.
- Appropriate to the fitness/recreation environment/amenity being used, and not be overly revealing (for example, midriff tee shirts/tank tops and sports bras designed for fitness use are permitted)
- Clean and dry fitness appropriate shoes which fully enclose the foot are required; bare feet, open-toed shoes, sport sandals, socks are not permitted.
- These are scent-free environments.
- Return equipment to the original storage location after use.
- Use of equipment is on a first-come, first-served basis, however, please show courtesy to other users by allowing others to "work in" while you are resting.
- Fitness equipment cannot be reserved.
- Use the equipment as it was designed.
- Wipe down equipment after use using the wipes provided.
- Chalk is permitted; excess chalk is to be cleaned up immediately following use.
- Immediately report any vandalism or faulty equipment to facility staff.
- Do not bring bags, jackets and other personal items into open studio as they can pose a safety hazard for other users; please use lockers provided.
- Equipment-specific bags (like weightlifting accessories) are permitted at staff discretion.
The following actions and items are not permitted:
- Taking photos or video without staff permission.
- Dropping and/or slamming of weights and inappropriate use of equipment.
- Use of equipment that is in need of repair.
- Open or glass containers; drinks must be in a re-sealable bottle or container.
- Food of any type
Thank you for your cooperation. Enjoy!